1) Corn is packed with lutein and zeaxanthin, which help form a pigment that fliters out the sun’s damaging rays and lower your risk of developing age-related macular degeneration—the leading cause of blindness in people over the age of 60.
2) Iced Coffee – drinking a cup a day may lower your risk of developing skin cancer. It is said that the caffeine in coffee reduces the risk of developing non-melanoma skin cancer.
3) Tart Cherries – the anthocyanins in tart cherries activate a molecule that helps rev up fat burning and decrease fat storage, but they also help you get a better night’s sleep.
4) Tomatoes – give you extra protection against the sun because they contain lycopene, the cartenoid that makes them red. It provides extra protection from getting sunburn.
5) Watermelon – allows you to increase your water intake by eating it. A watermelon is 92% water.
6) Raspberries- one cup has 8 grams of fiber. Fiber prevents weight gain and can even promote weight loss.
7) Iced Tea – drinking it regularly may lower your risk of Alzheimer’s and diabetes. It also gives you healthier teeth, gums, and stronger bones because it is packed with a class of antioxidants called flavanoids.
8) Blueberries – the antioxidants in them prevent muscle fatigue by absorbing free radicals produces by muscles during exercise.